Linked Learning Alliance Announces New Fellows Program
The Linked Learning Alliance is excited to announce the inaugural Linked Learning Fellows Program. This program aims to build a network of committed leaders nationwide who will work collaboratively to ensure that every young person can determine their own future through proven education approaches that blend classroom and career-based learning. By joining the Linked Learning Fellows Program, accomplished Linked Learning practitioners can share their knowledge and expertise with other education and community leaders from across the country and make the case for national adoption of integrated and equitable approaches to college and career readiness.
Linked Learning Fellows will be part of a dynamic cohort who together have the opportunity to learn from one another, to share new ideas and grow as local and national leaders. They will serve as strong champions and drivers of systems change by sharing their experience and knowledge with new and existing communities, districts, and schools, and will collaborate with the Linked Learning Alliance to amplify successes and address emerging challenges.
The Linked Learning Fellows Program is built on a shared goal of driving educational justice and equity. The three core elements of professional learning and movement building explored will be:
- Leadership Development: Harness your skills to transform systems in your local context and support emerging Linked Learning leaders to do the same.
- Champion Training: Enhance your capacity to communicate about your experiences as a Linked Learning leader to convey the value of integrated college and career preparation in your community and beyond and use research and data to provide evidence of impact.
- Advocacy Supports: Leverage your voice as a visionary leader and advocate for blending classroom and career-based learning and make the case for public and private investments in Linked Learning in your community and nationwide.
- Active Networking: Cultivate meaningful relationships with a dynamic cohort of education leaders who share a deep commitment to ensuring all students graduate prepared for both college AND career.
Opportunity and Benefits
- Be recognized nationally as experts in the Linked Learning field
- Serve at the forefront of a national movement for reimagining the high school experience for young people through integrated college and career preparation
- Deepen and expand Linked Learning in both existing and new districts by sharing your expertise and knowledge and building the capacity of others to become equally adept
- Bring on-the-ground knowledge and expertise to the development of local, state, and federal policy recommendations
- Serve as spokesperson to key audiences about the impact and benefits
- Participate in the development of an active learning and research agenda to advance quality, innovation, and impact
- Network with a distinguished cohort of innovative and equity-driven Linked Learning champions
The Linked Learning Fellows Program is designed for a select group of Linked Learning leaders at the district, site, and pathway levels. Ideal candidates will:
- Have a deep understanding of the Linked Learning approach and integrating college and career preparation
- Have demonstrated a commitment to leading, designing, and facilitating equitable Linked Learning experiences in their context
- Are willing to share their knowledge and expertise to build and expand the broader Linked Learning field
- Are able to communicate the value of Linked Learning and support others in adopting and using Linked Learning systemically
- Are dedicated to scaling Linked Learning and understand deeply the intersection of practice, policy, and public will-building for fueling a national movement
Linked Learning Fellows will:
- Participate in a 2-hour monthly Fellows session that will be scheduled based on input from selected fellows. We will aim to meet once a month from ~3:00-5:00 on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Meetings will start in January 2021 and run through June 2021.
- Work together with the Alliance to co-create and implement the inaugural cohort of the Fellows Program.
- Design Linked Learning practice development opportunities with support from the Alliance.
- Share stories and experiences to inspire others to join the movement for education that blends classroom and career learning.
- Support development of field-level tools and resources that drive Linked Learning adoption.
- Engage with the Alliance in strategic conversations with policymakers, community and industry partners, higher education leaders, and other key stakeholders to advance policy priorities.
Applications are due Dec 11, 2020. To apply, please visit Linked Learning Fellows Application to complete a short application form. After completing the application form, the Linked Learning Alliance and Linked Learning District Directors will set up a short interview with interested applicants. Linked Learning Fellows will be selected by December 18, 2020 and begin convening in January 2021.
The Linked Learning Alliance is the engine that drives a movement to help every young person determine their own future through Linked Learning, a proven approach to education. Linked Learning integrates rigorous academics with real-world learning and strong support services to prepare students for success in college, career, and life. The Alliance helps create public will for equity and excellence in education, elevate the practice of Linked Learning across America, and advance policies that serve and support all youth.