Discover upcoming opportunities from the Linked Learning Alliance and our partners.
WEBINAR: Dual Enrollment Voices from the Field
Wednesday, June 3rd at 1:00 PST
Join us online Wednesday, June 3 at 1pm PST as we highlight successful post-secondary partnerships in delivering effective dual enrollment opportunities and discuss challenges and emerging strategies in the field as higher education pivots to virtual learning.
- Dr. Pam Luster, President, San Diego Mesa College
- Lizzette Villegas, Manager, Career Pathways Support Services Long Beach City College
- Ed Abeyta, Associate Dean, Community Engagement, UCSD Director, Pre-Collegiate and Career Preparation, University of California San Diego
- Cheryl Hibbeln, President, IlluminatED Collective
EVENT: Sustaining the Focus on High Quality Linked Learning
Thursday, May 28th at 1:00 PST
Quality is key to Linked Learning experiences that prepare students to succeed in college and career, and certified pathways exemplify a commitment to continuous improvement.
Join us online Thursday, May 28 as we announce newly certified Silver and Gold pathways and share resources and insights on how to provide students with the highest quality integrated college and career pathways—even amid the COVID-19 crisis.
- Hear from educators and students who led the process toward certification
- Learn ways to continue on your quest toward quality certification, even amid the pandemic
- Get an exclusive preview of a new self-study tool being developed by Pivot Learning and the Alliance to help educators reflect on their progress at any point in the certification journey, and share your feedback to help us make this tool even better.
Now is an important time to celebrate, learn, and use our collective knowledge to bring equity and excellence in education to new levels. We hope you can join this virtual gathering.
WEBINAR: Master Scheduling for Equity
Wednesday, May 13 at 1:00 PST
Too many of us know the master schedule as Something that sorts students by ability: they’re either college material, or they’re not.
But in a Linked Learning context, the master schedule is a critical tool for providing students with equitable access to both college and career.
As a field, we can powerfully transform approaches to scheduling, moving away from sorting students to supporting them. Join us for an interactive, online workshop on master scheduling for cohorting grade level students.
In this session, Cheryl Hibbeln (IlluminatED Collective), Jeff Thomas (San Diego Unified School District), and representatives from Los Angeles USD, San Francisco USD, Oakland USD, and Antelope Valley UHSD will explore common master scheduling challenges districts face and work through these scenarios in real time.
Attendees will walk away with tangible frameworks to approach master scheduling in your own school or district.