In This Moment (8/6): Learning Continuity Plan Instructions
This week, the California Department of Education (CDE) released instructions for the Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan template (you can read our first update on this template here). Beyond the instructions, CDE is also providing webinars to support educational leaders as they work on their plan, including opportunities to explore considerations and available tools for addressing the needs of English Learners, students with disabilities, foster youth, and students experiencing homelessness.
If you have additional policy updates that would be valuable for the Linked Learning field, please share them with Iish@LinkedLearning.org.
Accountability Template and Instructions Now Available
The CDE released instructions for completing the Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan (Learning Continuity Plan) which replaces the standard Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) this year due to COVID-19.
The Learning Continuity Plan is meant to be a brief, easier accountability tool that can be completed in a shorter period of time than a standard LCAP. It is intended to provide information at the Local Educational Agency (LEA) level for how funds will be spent and how instruction will be addressed during the COVID-19 crisis. The template includes sections for:
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Continuity of Learning
- Distance Learning and Access to Devices and Connectivity
- Distance Learning Professional Development
- Pupil and Family Engagement and Outreach
- Addressing the Needs of All Students Including Unduplicated Students and Students with Special Needs
- Addressing Pupil Learning Loss
- Resources and Support for Student and Staff Mental Health and Well-Being
- School Nutrition
CDE will be holding webinars related to the Learning Continuity Plan. Dates, times, and topics for these webinars are as follows:
- Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 2 pm – Resources and Tools for Developing the Learning Continuity Plan Focusing on Supporting English Learners, Students with Unique and Exceptional Needs/Students with Disabilities, Foster Youth, and Students Experiencing Homelessness
- Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at 11 am – Resources and Tools Available through the Statewide System of Support to assist LEAs in Developing their Learning Continuity Plan
- Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 2 pm – Question and Answer Session Based on Pre-submitted Questions from LEAs Related to the Learning Continuity Plan. Questions can be submitted to LCFF@cde.ca.gov