From Obstacle to Equitable: Transforming Your Pathway Master Schedule Into a Tool for Equity
Master schedules represent the culture, priorities and values of a school and community. They structure time, space and resources within a school and district. However, master schedules are often a stumbling block when it comes to creating sustainable, equitable college and career pathways. Pathways may struggle to cohort students successfully, provide access to English Learners and special education students, and address competing priorities within the master schedule. But it doesn’t have to be this way.
Join the Linked Learning Alliance and IlluminatED Collective for From Obstacle to Equitable: Transforming Your Pathway Master Schedule Into a Tool for Equity, a virtual four-hour workshop on Thursday May 12th where school and district leaders can learn a process and strategies for how to use the master schedule and Linked Learning to advance equity and expand opportunities for students and adults.
This workshop is a great fit for teams who manage master scheduling: district administrators, site administrators, counselors, and/or pathway leads. We encourage team participation in this workshop, but individual participants are always welcome. Whether you are just starting your Linked Learning journey, ready to renew your Gold certification, or are somewhere in between, this workshop is right for you.
From Obstacle to Equitable: Transforming Your Pathway Master Schedule Into a Tool for Equity participants can expect to:
- Deepen your understanding of research on equity in scheduling Linked Learning pathways.
- Explore current challenges schedulers encounter when creating master schedules that support equitable pathways and student cohorts.
- Understand the differences between the processes followed to scheduling comprehensive vs. Linked Learning environments.
- Examine the impacts of course sequencing on Linked Learning Scheduling.
- Identify technical and adaptive change management strategies necessary in a Linked Learning Context.
- Begin to learn how to equitably cohort students and provide teachers adequate time to collaborate and refine their practice.
Attend From Obstacle to Equitable: Transforming Your Pathway Master Schedule Into a Tool for Equity for $125/person. Teams of 3 or more participants can use code LLATEAMS for 25% off your total registration. For any questions, please contact Hernán Gallo, Linked Learning Alliance Manager of External Relations.