Position: Communications Associate
Classification: Full Time/Exempt
To download a copy of the job description, click here.
About the Linked Learning Alliance
The Linked Learning Alliance (“the Alliance”) leads a movement to help every young person determine their own future through Linked Learning. It’s a proven approach to education that integrates rigorous academics with real-world learning and strong support services to prepare all students for success in college, career, and life. Our role is to advance research and practice, policy, and communication in support of Linked Learning for students and the field of K–12 districts, higher education institutions, and employers dedicated to establishing these accelerated, seamless learning experiences that lead to postsecondary success and high-opportunity careers.
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Communications Associate to promote the work of the Linked Learning Alliance and amplify the voices of the communities we partner with through creative content creation, storytelling efforts, and outreach campaigns for educators, employers, and policymakers. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter with a demonstrated interest in strategic communications, and a passion for the Alliance’s mission to inspire community-wide change through the transformative power of Linked Learning. Candidates must have excellent writing, visual design, research, and analytical skills, as well as strong attention to detail, and the ability to work and balance multiple projects at once.
- Use visual and written storytelling techniques to tell the Linked Learning story through print and electronic communications
- Promote and amplify Alliance news, student and educator voices, relevant stories, events, and announcements from the Linked Learning field
- Manage social media channels and social media content calendar on various social media platforms
- Manage day-to-day maintenance of the Alliance website, and upload content through content management systems
- Produce email marketing content including newsletters and event invitations
- Support the development of branded graphics, presentations, blog posts, one-pagers, and other collateral for Alliance communications campaigns and the Linked Learning field
- Assist with event production and advocacy campaigns as needed
- Assist with media planning and relations
- Track, report, and leverage metrics on earned media, digital communications
- Track and identify thought leadership opportunities for Alliance staff and key leaders from the Linked Learning field
- Provide editorial and proofreading feedback on content produced by others
- Support a positive culture through communications, special projects, campaigns, and events
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, education, or other fields from a four-year college or university, or commensurate years of professional experience and demonstrated success
- Demonstrated job, internship, and/or academic experience in the fields of issue advocacy, non-profit communications and marketing, and/or corporate social responsibility
- Organized and detail-oriented with strong writing skills, design aptitude, and great familiarity with social media
- Experience and comfortability with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Sprout Social, MailChimp, Salesforce, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva or other graphic design platforms is desired
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, solid judgment, and decision-making skills
- Collaborative team player and problem solver with a willingness to learn
- Effective, detail-oriented, versatile, and action-driven
- Terrific interpersonal, collaboration, and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn and a genuine interest in the core work of the Alliance
Salary range is $45,000 to $60,000 and will be determined commensurate with experience.
The position will be remote.
If you would like to apply, please send your résumé and a cover letter to HR@linkedlearning.org. Indicate the position title in the subject line of the email for the fastest consideration. In your cover letter, please share how your experience, competencies, skills, and interests are a good match for this position.
The Linked Learning Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
The Alliance is committed to equity, embraces diversity as an asset, and practices inclusivity. These values strengthen our culture, help us fulfill our mission, and contribute to a better world. We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.