Linked Learning—Life Comes To School, cultivating 21st century skills for 21st century students.
The Linked Learning approach is growing at a rapid pace across the state. To help connect and support this growing and evolving field, the Linked Learning Alliance is pleased to host the first Linked Learning Convention, an inclusive and collaborative professional learning and networking event.
At the inaugural Linked Learning Convention, we aim to nurture a common vision and expectation for high quality Linked learning as it serves and connects diverse regions across California.
All are welcome–those new to Linked Learning and those with deep experience in this field are cordially invited, including:
- K-12 and postsecondary educators
- Community advocates
- Policy makers
- Civic leaders
- Industry representatives
To get the maximum benefit for your region’s collective effort, we encourage the participation of regional teams.
Attendees will have opportunities to learn and share best practices that will develop and sustain local, regional and statewide capacity to deliver on the promise of Linked Learning. This Convention will offer access to leaders in the Linked Learning field who will share their expertise in implementation strategy, transitions to college and career, partnership building, professional development, and use of data and technology.
The Convention will offer access to leaders in the Linked Learning field who will share their expertise:
- Critical Conditions for High Quality Linked Learning: Pathway, District, and Regional Strategies
- College and Career Ready, Now What?: Transitions to Postsecondary Education, Professional Training, and Employment
- Employer, Education, Postsecondary, Community, and Local Government Partnerships to Build the Future Workforce
- Transforming Teaching and Learning: Redesigning the Student Experience
- Using Data and Technology to Develop Pathways, Support Quality and Scale, and Assess Linked Learning Impact
California State University Collaborative for the Advancement of Linked Learning
Join hundreds of Linked Learning educators, employer partners, and civic leaders Jan. 12-14, 2015, at the Linked Learning Convention, featuring:
- Four optional Linked Learning site visits in the Los Angeles area to see Linked Learning in action
- Collaboration of new and experienced regional teams for Linked Learning implementation and practice
- Partnership building between employers, educators, postsecondary, community partners, and local government to build robust Linked Learning pathways
- Professional development opportunities to enhance Linked Learning in the classroom
- Support for industry leaders and employers interested in hosting internships and other work-based learning opportunities for Linked Learning students
Contact Alex Taghavian at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (916) 248-4848 become a sponsor.
We hope this convention will build a Linked Learning mindset in the state of California that develops and sustains capacity to deliver on the promise of Linked Learning across many regions in California. Don’t miss out! This will most definitely be a collaborative learning experience that will benefit to you and your colleagues, and all of California’s students.