Thank you for joining us for the 2019 Linked Learning Convention! Below you will find photos and breakout session material. Flickr page.
Below are photos from the convention broken into different albums, for a full list of albums, visit our Flickr Page.
Below are pdfs of slide decks from the breakout sessions.
- A Balancing Act: Designing Dual Programs at Grades 9-14 Early College and Career Schools
- A Regional Study of Los Angeles Country CCAP Dual Enrollment Partnerships to Identify Promising Practices
- Advancing Defense of Learning from the Academy Model to School Wide
- Building Strong Advisory Boards to Create Quality WBL Experiences for Pathways
- Challenge Accepted! How CTE Coordinators Move Linked Learning Forward
- College and Career Pathway Research Symposia Progress Report
- Connecting Students in Academic Recovery with Work Based Learning Opportunities: Lessons Learned from Alameda Health System’s Young Men of Color Internship
- Connecting the Community to Cross Pathway Projects
- Empower Alternative and Special Education Students through Career Pathways
- Equity: The Platform for Linked Learning Growth and Sustainability
- Equity Starts with Relationships
- Getting Better Together at Community Partnerships
- GO East LA: A partnership program fostering long-term educational and career success for East L.A. students
- Growth Culture: A Transformative Approach for Achieving Your Goals
- It Takes a Village: Leadership and Collaboration for Linked Learning Success
- Latina/o English Language Learner Student Experiences in Linked Learning Environments
- Lessons from Linked Learning Leaders: Best Practices in Linked Learning Implementation and Sustainability
- Lighting Trusses: A practical project based on application for linked learning
- Linked Learning Communities of Practice (CoP): Creating Sustainable Change
- Making Hope Happen Through a Regional Cross-sector Partnership for Work-based Learning: One Large Urban K-12 School District’s Perspective
- Moving Beyond a Traditional Career Day
- One Pathway, Two Industry Sectors
- Partnerships that work
- Playing Nice in the Sandbox: Exploring the Behaviors of Executive and Operational Leaders in Cross-Sector Collaboration
- Project Mars: PBL and WBL
- Proposal Writing and Resource Development 101: Our Pathways are in the Money and there are partners knocking at our door
- Pumping Up PBL – Linking Employers and Education
- So You’re Interested in Linked Learning, Now What?
- Student Leadership: LBUSD Linked Learning Student Ambassador Program
- Supporting Teacher Preparation for Linked Learning with Work-Based Learning Experiences
- Systems for Developing and Implementing Career Pathways: Lessons learned from a CCAP Partnership
- Taming the Master Schedule: Effective Scheduling of Linked Learning Pathways
- Targeted, Continuous Medical Resident Mentorship Changes Student Educational Outcomes
- The Future of Energy
- The Recipe for Work: Developing Apprenticeships for Opportunity Youth
- Tools for Transforming Teacher Team Capacity and Leading Sustainable High Quality Pathways
- Unlocking Dual Enrollment’s Potential in California: Barriers, Innovations and Policy Landscape
- Urban Community Partnerships for High Stake Student Outcomes
- We don’t have time for Linked Learning, we have to focus on literacy… Exploring the ways in which LL pathway development aligns with WASC recommendations and District Initiatives
- When Form Follows Function in Early College High School Pathways
Pre-Conference/Linked Learning Ecosystem Tour
Curious about what a Linked Learning ecosystem looks like and how a community support its youth for success beyond high school? Join us on an exclusive one-day journey exploring the Coachella Valley’s K-12, postsecondary, and employer partners, seeing first-hand how they work together to prepare students for college and career.
On this multi-stop interactive site visit, you will see various dimensions of Linked Learning in action and discover a network that is aligning pathways for students to gain valuable education and experience so they can thrive beyond high school. Through this progressive site visit you will meet employers from different sectors, educators, and local students and see first-hand how the partnerships in the Valley are making an impact. Seats are limited, so register today!
California State University CALL Research Symposium
The California State University’s Collaborative for the Advancement of Linked Learning is bringing its annual research symposium to LLCon2019! It’s a great opportunity to tune into emerging research about Linked Learning from a variety of sources and perspectives. Limited spots are open to the general public so register today!
We will be kicking off #LLCon2019 with an interactive welcome event! There will be a happy hour and student exhibits where you can interact with the amazing Linked Learning students from the local school districts. Following the happy hour will be a relaxing welcome barbecue for us to celebrate the great work that the Coachella Valley is doing to prepare its young people.
Toast to the Employer Champions
Join us at our special event Toast to the Employer Champions on Wednesday March 20th at 5pm! We will be honoring employers who are committed to the power of plus and giving young people the opportunity to get real world experience through work-based learning.
Celebration of Certified Pathways
Linked Learning is making an impact because of dedicated pathway teams who work hard to provide high quality Linked Learning available to students. Join us for a special plenary session celebration on Thursday March 21 to honor all certified pathways and their commitment to quality and equity.