We're Hiring: Salesforce Administrator
Position: Salesforce Administrator
Classification: Part-time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
The Linked Learning Alliance, which represents a coalition of educators, employers, and community organizations dedicated to improving the education system and advancing equity and excellence through expanded access to Linked Learning, is seeking a part-time Salesforce Administrator to manage the Alliance’s new Salesforce-based CRM and Certification platform. The ideal candidate is flexible, detail-oriented, collaborative, and reliable in a fast-paced, innovative environment. The Alliance is seeking someone who demonstrates a commitment to our core work, has interest in the areas of education, youth development and/or social justice, and shares our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Salesforce Administrator will play a pivotal role across the organization, working closely with team members to keep records updated and accurate, assist with Salesforce automated communication functions, manage configuration, create and run reports for staff, and provide support on Salesforce campaigns and outreach. They will also be responsible for training and supporting platform users within and outside the Alliance. Superb interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills are vital for this role.
The Salesforce Administrator will work virtually and out of the San Francisco office and be a vital member of the Linked Learning Alliance’s growing team.
As the system administrator for the Alliance’s Salesforce environment, the Salesforce Administrator will:
- Customize and configure Salesforce, including maintaining security protocols, user permissions, workflows, notifications and business process automations
- Organize and maintain organizational reporting and dashboards in Salesforce and assist users in developing their own reports
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for and manage system upgrades, stay current on Salesforce trends, progress and best practices
- Manage data feeds and other integrations
- Administer, maintain, and optimize Salesforce platform-connected apps and tools
- Diagnose and correct system issues, either independently or with technical support from software providers and outside consultants as needed
- Liaise between staff users and internal and external teams for Salesforce projects
- Provide training and day-to-day user support, and assist staff in building strategy for their Salesforce work
- Work with user groups to continually improve their skills and the effectiveness and efficiency of their processes in the system
- Attention to detail—works in a conscientious, consistent, and thorough manner
- Initiative—deals with situations and issues proactively and persistently
- Responsibility and accountability—holds self and others to high standards of accountability and helps to create an infrastructure and culture that supports and measures personal and organizational responsibility and accountability
- Communication—listens and communicates openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus
- Teamwork and cultural competence—promotes cooperation and commitment within the team; seeks input from others, helps others achieve goals and deliverables, and shows consideration for and respect for individual differences
- Independence and growth mindset—demonstrates ability to work independently, problem solve, and willingness to learn
- Minimum three years of experience with Salesforce
- Experience with nonprofit processes and communities preferred
- Experience leading configuration and customization of Salesforce
- Salesforce Admin certified preferred
- Experience in a technical or engineering capacity preferred
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption
- Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom Lightning apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content
- Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality
- Strong data management and validation abilities
- Experience working remotely and with diverse teams
Hourly rate will be determined commensurate with experience. This is a non-benefited position with the exception of sick and vacation time, which is accrued on a prorated basis.
Approximately 10-15 hours/week/
The position will be located in the Bay Area.
This position is part-time, non-exempt.
If you would like to apply, please send your résumé and a cover letter to HR@linkedlearning.org. Indicate the position title in the subject line of the email for the fastest consideration. In your cover letter, please share how your experience, competencies, skills, and interests are a good match for this position.
The Linked Learning Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
The Alliance is committed to equity, embraces diversity as an asset, and practices inclusivity. These values strengthen our culture, help us fulfill our mission, and contribute to a better world. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.