AB 39 (Skinner – D)

Of the $550,000,000 to be annually transferred from the General Fund to the Clean Energy Job Creation Fund through 2018, requires 89% to be allocated by the Department of Education to local education authorities, and the remaining 11% of to community colleges. Requires the Department of Education and the Chancellor’s Office to approve eligible projects and institutions, in consultation with the State Energy Resources Conservation and Development Commission. Would make funds available for job training and workforce development in energy efficiency and clean energy technology, with priority specified for the California Conservation Corps, Certified Community Conservation Corps, Youth Build, local educational authorities and apprenticeship programs for training and employing disadvantaged youth, among others, on energy efficiency and clean energy projects.